The Signalling System 7 (SS7) network has become a critical foundation for all service providers. It is rapidly expanding to support new and existing services and network capabilities including Local Number Portability, various Advanced Intelligent Network (AIN)/IN based services and network unbundling. In this rapidly changing environment, it is critical that carriers interconnect their SS7 networks in such a way to maintain network reliability, service integrity and network security.
PrimeTel’s SS7 service is provided over a digital, fiber-optic backbone network using a digital switching architecture and supported by sophisticated management control systems. These elements provide a highly reliable and redundant network. The design of PrimeTel’s network enables survivability at the backbone or transmission level and the service level.
PrimeTel offers the following SS7 products at selected POPs:
- Signaling System 7 Trunk Signaling (ISUP).
- Signaling Connection Control Part (SCCP).
- Transaction Capabilities Application Part (TCAP).
- Mobile Application Part (MAP).
- Improves network efficiencies with fast call setup and refined call control.
- Increases information transfer and flexibility for call connections.
- Makes efficient use of voice trunks because the signaling path is separate from the voice path.
- 24x7 state-of-the-art monitoring system for assured network reliability.