The huge demand for LAN interconnection in recent years has provided a tremendous stimulus to the market for Frame Relay and ATM services.
Frame Relay is a faster and less expensive variant of packet switching. Frame Relay is a shared network service that package data into bundles for transmission but does not use error-correction routines. This is because so many of today’s digital lines are cleaner than in the past and networks are more adept at correcting transmission problems. It is essentially used for transmitting data.
PrimeTel's Frame Relay is an end-to-end, managed data networking service-carrying data at rates of up to 45Mbit/s. It is ideal for interconnecting LANs because it is designed to handle the 'bursty' or fluctuating traffic patterns generated by people sending electronic mail (email) or exchanging files. It can carry voice traffic, and supports client-server applications too.
Each site needs just one connection to the PrimeTel Data Network instead of a connection to every other LAN - the network provides all the interconnections, minimizing equipment and connection charges.
The service is available in Cyprus via fixed links of between 56 kbit/s and 45 Mbit/s, depending on location.
Frame Relay Benefits
- Perspective, efficient and cost-effective technology.
- High reliability.
- Short time delays and dynamic bandwidth management enabling to use Frame Relay for data and voice traffic transmission, and to organize videoconferences.
- Possibility to perform data transmission and to transmit large files, images, and also to obtain an access to interactive databases.
- Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
Most businesses today use separate networks for voice, private-lines services, and data, each of which is supported by a different technology. ATM provides data transfer both locally and internationally using asynchronous transfer mode (ATM), an efficient transmission technology that has very low delay.
ATM is appropriate for data applications requiring high-speed connections and it is designed to cope with bursty traffic, as found in local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs). PrimeTel’s ATM provides everything you need for high-speed, reliable and efficient interconnections between these networks.
- Data is carried over dedicated pathways.
- Access to the PrimeTel’s national and international ATM network is via bearers of up to 155 Mbit/s.
- Connection configurations can be customized.
- Each site requires only one access circuit to the network.
- Minimal equipment and connection charges.
- PrimeTel’s ATM is a global service, with nodes in the UK, Greece, Cyprus and Russia.